Welcome! Whether you are just thinking about applying to Ryman Arts, or have been a student with us for some time, this is the place where you can find out what you need to know.
All students start with Foundation Drawing. Upon completion of each semester they reapply to move on to the next course level.
- Foundation Drawing emphasizes the foundations of drawing technique and composition. The class includes an introduction to figure drawing.
- Intermediate Drawing and Painting builds on the previous course, and introduces watercolor painting, more extensive use of color, figure drawing, and portraiture.
- Advanced Art: Painting focuses on acrylic painting and mixed media in more extended projects. The class also includes figure study.
With these links you can view and download the syllabi for Ryman Arts classes:
Spring 2017 , California State University, Fullerton: (visit CSUF web site)
- Foundation Drawing - Robin Palanker
- Foundation Drawing - Sergio Rebia
- Intermediate Drawing & Painting - Kaleeka Bond
- Intermediate Drawing & Painting - Malaika Latty
- Advanced Painting - Malaika Latty
- Advanced Painting - Manny Cosentino
Spring 2017, Otis College of Art & Design: (visit Otis web site)
- Foundation Drawing - Ichiro Irie
- Foundation Drawing - Luis Serrano
- Foundation Drawing - Cathy Stone
- Intermediate Drawing & Painting - Rochelle Botello
- Intermediate Drawing & Painting - Michelle Mary Lee
- Intermediate Drawing & Painting - Julie Weitz
- Advanced Painting - Holly Boruck
- Advanced Painting - Marc Kompaneyets
- Advanced Painting - Ronald Llanos
- Advanced Painting - David Schoffman
Our Student Handbook [19pgs, PDF: 1.02MB] is your resource for learning what to expect from your time at Ryman Arts, and what we expect from you as a student. It also includes practical information about getting to classes and contacting your instructor.