At Ryman Arts you will
- Learn foundation drawing and painting skills in rigorous classes to develop your talent.
- Work with professional teaching artists in small classes with other serious art students.
- Build your portfolio for college applications and exhibit your work publicly.
Explore options for a life in the arts through discussions with guest artists, drawing field trips, and college and career planning workshops.
Cost: If selected, you will receive a full scholarship that covers the cost of instruction, art supplies, and field trips. We can reimburse you for the cost of taking public transportation to classes.
Eligibility: Anyone who will be enrolled in high school (grades 9 – 12) for the semester they are applying for is eligible.
Class times: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Acceptance: The Ryman Arts application process is competitive, with an acceptance rate around 50%. A committee reviews all applications, scoring them on multiple criteria (primarily evidence of skill and motivation). Ryman Arts strives to create a diverse class of students from schools throughout Southern California.
The deadline for the Fall 2015 semester has been extended to Tuesday, May 26, 2015!
To apply to Ryman Arts, you must submit:
- A completed application form, which includes a recommendation from a teacher
- Two representational pencil drawings drawn from observation on paper between 8.5” x 11” and 18” x 24”. Do not submit drawings done from a photograph or imagination.
- A one- to two-page essay describing your reasons for applying to the program and how you intend to benefit from the experience.
APPLY TO RYMAN ARTS – START HERE