At Ryman Arts you will
- Learn foundation drawing and painting skills in rigorous classes to develop your talent.
- Work with professional teaching artists in small classes with other serious art students.
- Build your portfolio for college applications and exhibit your work publicly.
Explore options for a life in the arts through discussions with guest artists, drawing field trips, and college and career planning workshops.
Cost: If selected, you will receive a full scholarship that covers the cost of instruction, art supplies, and field trips. We can reimburse you for the cost of taking public transportation to classes.
Eligibility: Anyone who will be enrolled in high school (grades 9 – 12) for the semester they are applying for is eligible.
Class times: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Acceptance: The Ryman Arts application process is competitive, with an acceptance rate around 50%. A committee reviews all applications, scoring them on multiple criteria (primarily evidence of skill and motivation). Ryman Arts strives to create a diverse class of students from schools throughout Southern California.
The deadline for the Fall 2016 semester is May 20.
To apply to Ryman Arts, you must submit:
- A completed application form, which includes a recommendation from a teacher
- Two representational pencil drawings drawn from observation on paper between 8.5” x 11” and 18” x 24”. Do not submit drawings done from a photograph or imagination.
- A one-page essay describing your reasons for applying to the program and how you intend to benefit from the experience.
APPLY TO RYMAN ARTS – START HERE