Patrons' Special Presentation: "A Night At the Circus with Herb Ryman": 5:00 - 7:30 pm followed by An Affair of the Art
Includes pre-event reception, presentation of "A Night at the Circus" (read more below), early viewing, and purchase opportunity at show.
$300 per ticket
Art Show & Sale: 7:30 - 10:00 pm
Includes hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and viewing and purchase opporunity at show.
$125 per ticket
Make a contribution to Ryman Arts!
Travel back in time to the days of the Big Top … when the Circus performed in tents … and an artist named Ryman “put the smell of sawdust into paint!” See rare film footage from the years Herb Ryman sketched and painted with the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus as it traveled to big cities and small towns in 1949 and 1951… including C.B. DeMille studying sites for his Academy Award film, “The Greatest Show on Earth”. See and hear the story and history of the circus from our panelists, Deborah Walk, Assistant Director of Circus and Legacy at the Ringling Museum in Sarasota, Florida; and Bob Garner, writer, director, and filmmaker whose own acclaimed scale model of the circus, “The Greatest Little Show on Earth” will be on display. Enjoy the atmosphere and décor created by props and banners from the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey warehouses, courtesy of the circus proprietors Feld Entertainment. Moderated by Disney Legend Marty Sklar.
And Then: Enjoy our Galleries of Art & Our Working Student Artists!
*Includes hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and viewing and purchase opportunity at show.
|Scott Allen||Ichiro Irie||Janine Salzman|
|Jane Asari||Trish Kertes||Seisaku Sato|
|Kerry Beary||Gary Krueger||George Scribner|
|Michael J. Bishop||Cora Lanzisero||Laurel Scribner|
|Kaleeka Bond||Joe Lanzisero||Luis Serrano|
|Holly Boruck||Michelle Mary Lee||Beth Silverman|
|Michel Boulet||Louis L. Lemoine||Nicholas Simmons|
|Terri Bromberg||Nicole Lemoine Mason||Patrick Simmons|
|Myra Burg||Ronald Llanos||Cathy Stone|
|Bill Butler||Oscar Magallanes||Ruth Cochran-Strick|
|Albert Chaney||Tom Matousek||De'Von Stubblefield|
|Toni Danchik||Jeff T. Miller||Otto Stürcke|
|Marc Davis||Kim Minichiello||Julie Svendsen|
|Belinda Del Pesco||Patti Newton||David K. Thompson|
|Sara Jean Dickinson||Mike Nguyen||Keith Towstego|
|Nancy Eckels||Dalton Nunez||Laura Wambsgans|
|Moira Hahn||Mark Jason Page||Michelle Washington|
|Allan Halcrow||Robin Palanker||Julie Weitz|
|Karen Hansen||Francisco Palomares||Michelle Wiener|
|Arotin Hartounian||Walt Peregoy||Philip Womack|
|Phil Hettema||Morgan Richardson||Scott Yeskel|
|Herbert D. Ryman|
Back by popular demand, here’s a sneak peak at some of this year’s silent auction experiences and items:
- Flying Trapeze Class at Hollywood Aerial Arts for a Private Group of 10
- An Explorer Safari with Malibu Wines for Two
- Four Preferred Seating tickets to the Rose Parade plus parking
- Garner Holt Productions behind-the-scenes tour, given by Garner Holt himself
- Bourbon Tasting plus delicious food for six guests at the Edison
- Classical Tuesday Hollywood Bowl Garden Box seats
- Tour of Disneyland plus VIP World of Color Viewing with Bob Gurr
- Admission for four to the members-only Magic Castle
- One-of-a-kind Circus Train Car, designed by Bob Gurr and built by Garner Holt Productions, specially-made for this year’s An Affair of the Art photo-op corner.
- Signed Annie Leibovitz Books: A Photographer’s Life and American Music
- Limited Edition, Signed Print of the Walt Disney Birthplace by Disney artist and Imagineer Karen Armitage
- One-of-a-kind artworks created at the event by Ryman Arts Master Teaching Artist, Kaleeka Bond, and Ryman Arts students in the student class demonstration
*Please check back at our website often and find us on facebook for updated news...
Affair Sponsorship Opportunities
Consider having your company or business directly participate in the event by becoming a 2014 Affair Sponsor! This is an exclusive opportunity to connect with hundreds of creative professionals in a unique home setting with a festive art fair and elegant cocktail party.
Sponsorship benefits include exclusive naming opportunities at the event, listing and logo recognition on communication materials, premiere seating at the Patron Event for you and your guests, announced appreciation at the Patron Event, and the chance to show your community involvement! *Customized sponsorship opportunities are available.